Cool, cold, freezing! Yes! All those sound absolutely refreshing any time of the year here in Los Angeles. What does kinds of weather make you want something creamy and chilly?
For me, the heat makes me want to dip my toes in a whispering mossy stream. It makes me want to nap. And it makes me want to sip iced coffee by the shore. Alas, real life beckons.
Enter ice cream! Better yet, frozen yogurt, because more people can tolerate it. Moreover, yogurt’s healthy probiotics withstand freezing. Here’ my sweeter-than-frozen-yogurt husband’s version of sheer indulgence. The photos and captions are by me. (Enjoy more of his recipes here and here and here and here and here and here.)…
Banana Blueberry Frozen Delight by Khashayar Parsi
* European style yogurt, plain full fat, 32 oz.
* Honey, 1.5 cups
* Banana, 1 large and ripe
* Blueberries, frozen, half a bag
* Butter, half a bar
1. Use cheesecloth to line a strainer that’s the size of the type used to drain pasta, and pour yogurt into it. Insert strainer over a bowl to collect the water from yogurt. Place in the fridge for 12 hours.
2. Cook the berries on low heat to reduce the juice out of the fruit for about thirty minutes.
3. In a large bowl, use a hand blender to mix the banana, honey, and butter. Add in the thick yogurt and fruit and mix.
4. Leave in freezer for 24 hours and serve.