Love animals? Crystal loves them so much that both of her blogs, WELCOME TO CRYSTAL’S SITE(ORIGINALLY COUNTRY LIVING) and CRYSTAL AND DAISY MAE’S PHOTO-BLOGGING SITE, are dedicated to them.
Here’s Crystal’s advice for soon-to-be pet owners…
Deciding whether to get a pet? Some things to consider first…
- Will you adopt, rescue, or buy it from a pet shop?
- How will you get your new friend spayed/neutered?
- What is the background of the pet you’re looking to get?
- If you have children, will the pet get along with them?
- Is the pet trained? Or will it need to attend obedience school?
- Will your pet live indoors, outdoors, or a combination of both?
- If you rent, does your landlord allow pets?
- If you’re getting a dog, what size can you reasonably handle?
Once you decide to get a pet, here are a few things you need to do before bringing them home…
- Be sure to take it to the vet to make sure everything is alright.
- Make a pet emergency kit for each one.
- If you’re getting a cat, for every cat there should be two litter boxes. For example, for one cat, there should be two litter boxes. For three cats there should be four litter boxes, and so on.
- Set aside extra money for in case of unexpected vet trips.
- If you’re getting a dog, make sure it has someplace to exercise, and that your home is big enough.
These are only a few things you need to do when looking for a pet. I suggest that you either adopt or rescue one, rather than buy one from a pet shop!
For more of Crystal’s pet tips, visit her at WELCOME TO CRYSTAL’S SITE(ORIGINALLY Country Living) and Crystal and Daisy Mae’s Photo-Blogging Site.