Carrot Delight Cake: a Healthier Recipe by Khashayar – Happiness Between Tails
For a podcast/audio version of today’s post, check out AnchorFM! There you’ll also find links to subscribe, hear, and share episodes of Happiness Between Tails by da-AL via most any platform, from Spotify and Apple Podcasts, to Google Podcasts and Pocket Casts, along with RadioPublic and Castbox and Stitcher and more, plus an RSS feed. The full list of 50+ places is at LinkTree.
Ever crave a treat that tastes decadent but is a bit healthier? Get your veggies and good fats with this brownie-like moist loveliness. Khashayar infuses love into all of his vegetarian cooking…
2 pounds grated carrots
2 cups regular white sugar
2 cups white flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon nutmeg
1/2 cup milk
4 tablespoons melted butter
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cups greek yogurt
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 farenheit degrees.
2. Mix together all the dry ingredients: carrots, sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs and milk.
4. Combine all the above with the melted butter and olive oil.
5. Pour the batter into a 13″ x 9″ x 2″ baking dish.
6. Bake for an hour or until a toothpick inserted into it comes out clean.
7. Let the cake cool.
8. Stir topping ingredients together: yogurt, honey, and almonds.
9. Slice the cake and serve with a dollop of the topping. Garnish with fresh or frozen berries (frozen ones look tantalizing as they thaw, as if they’ve been powdered with sugar). It also gets a nice chewy crust when heated. If you prefer it warm, don’t add the topping until it’s out of the oven.
Do you have a favorite healthier dessert?