My doggie and I were at her vet’s office, waiting for her anal glands to be expressed (eeeewwww!!!! indeedy) when we saw this anonymous missive posted on the doctor’s wall:
Is it on purpose that our names are the same, only reversed?
When we Dogs get to heaven, can we sit on your couch? Or is it the same old story?
Why are cars named after the jaguar, the cougar, the mustang, the colt, the stingray, and the rabbit — yet not for a Dog? How often do you see cougars riding around? We Dogs love nice rides. Would it be so hard to rename the “Chrysler Eagle” to the Chrysler Beagle”?
If a Dog barks her or his head off in the forest and no human hears, are they still a bad Dog?
Things we Dogs can understand:
– Human verbal instructions
– Hand signals
– Scent IDs
– Electromagnetic energy fields
– Frisbee flight paths
What do humans understand?
Please, more meatballs, less spaghetti.
Are there postal carriers in heaven? If so, will I have to apologize?
Why do humans smell flowers yet seldom if ever, smell one another?
It’s not easy being a Good Dog. Here are some of the things I must remember:
– I will not eat the cat’s food before they eat it or after they throw it up.
– I will not roll on dead seagulls, fish, crabs, or other beautiful things just because I like the way they smell.
– The litter box is not a cookie jar.
– The sofa is not a face towel.
– The garbage collector is not stealing our stuff.
– I will not play tug-of-war with Dad’s underwear while he sits on the toilet.
– Sticking my nose into someone’s crotch is an unacceptable way to say “hello.”
– I don’t need to suddenly stand straight up when I’m under the coffee table.
– I must shake the rainwater out of my fur before entering the house — not after.
– I will not come in from outside and immediately drag my butt.
– I will not sit in the middle of the living room and lick my crotch.
– The cat is not a squeaky toy. The noise it makes when I play with it is not a good thing.
P.S. When I go to heaven, may I have my testicles back?