How often do you use the public library nearest to you? Books are heaven to me (I’m in the middle of writing two novels!) — but here in Los Angeles, they’re not the only reason to I love them.
- Any California resident can get a Los Angeles County Public Library card.
- All services are entirely free!
- Visitors can browse, and cardholders can borrow in-person or order online — materials from hard copies, audiobooks, magazines, music, movies, and more — to downloadable ones.
- Los Angeles County has nearly 100 libraries, including bookmobiles. Free of charge, they’ll deliver books from one site to another.
- Physically challenged people can have items delivered.
- Vocational and fun classes are available online and at their facilities — many online ones engage real teachers.
- There’s live online homework tutoring.
- Job seekers and business owners have lots of resources.
- Enjoy fun events — music, crafts, reading, and workshops.
- Over the summer, kids get free lunches.
- Lonely or just want to be cozy and quiet? Come on in!
- Meeting spaces can be used by groups and tutors.
- Get help obtaining a high school diploma.
- Wifi, computers, and printers are complimentary. Photocopying fees are nominal.
Share about your public library and share this post…